Tuesday, September 6, 2011

Playing a little catch up...

I have actually been in Italy since August 25th.. due to lack of internet at hotel Tuscania, hanging with locals at Caffe del Duomo, moving to Florence and exploring the streets for hours I had been putting off this whole blogging process.

So I think it would be best to bring you all up to speed on my world-wind first week and a half in Italy. I had to look at a calendar to see how long I've been here because it already feels like months! 

I booked my flight to Rome with six other Bentley students studying in Italy for the semester. We departed Logan at 2:40pm on Wednesday August 24th and arrived at Leonardo de Vinici Fiumincino, Rome at 9:30am on Thursday August 25th. (Italy is a 6 hour time difference from the east coast) Our flights were smooth but interesting. On our flight from Boston to North Carolina we had medical support called 3 times due to people fainting. They had all ate lunch at the same restaurant and used that as the cause? Not quite sure what went on but everyone I was with made it through the flight fine. We had to trek it across the airport, I swear they always put the international flights on the furthest end! 

Next was a 9 hour flight from NC to Rome. I had switched my seat during check in to sit next to two of the girls  I was traveling with. When we boarded the plane we asked a girl to switch seats so that Cody could sit with us. Once we were in the air we realized that the entire row in front of us was open. We split up and had two seats each for the 9 hour flight. although the seat situation was wonderful I could have gone without the kid in the bathroom vomiting the entire flight. Yet another flight with medics needed....


Things were almost smooth sailing from there.  Our luggage arrived with no problems and we found the meeting point we just had to wait for Massimo to guide us to the bus. Unfortunately that was when smooth sailing came to an end. Some of the other planes were delayed and we were stuck waiting a few hours for people to get to the airport. We jumped on the bus and were off to Tuscania. With an 1 1/2 hours of driving time I along with many decided to use this time to sleep. I woke up to the bus stopping and thought we had arrived at Tuscania to my dismay we were at a rest stop because the bus had broken down...


We spent some four hours at an Italian rest stop, enjoying the air conditioning Chef Express, suntanning and getting to know each other. Finally the bus was fixed and we had a 20min ride to Tuscania. After 20+ hours of traveling we made it!

No comments:

Post a Comment